Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Grilled Sausage and Stone Fruit with Pom-Cumin Dressing

Well, it finally happened. Elaine and I broke up. We still love each other though, so that means this blog adventure will continue. We had our first dinner date at my new apartment on Monday night and I whipped up this dish I found in my bon appetit magazine - although I changed it a bit based on what I had (are you surprised?? or perhaps annoyed that I can never ever ever follow a recipe?? I am annoyed at myself.) Really fast, minimal stove/oven use (great for a hot summer night) and super delicioso.

Here is what you need to serve 4:

4 sausages (we used roasted garlic chicken sausage, you can also use spicy Italian or Lamb...looking for a stronger flavor with no sweetness)
2 plums cut into eighths (recipe called for figs - YUM! - but we couldn't find any)
Lettuce or some type of mixed greens
Red onion, sliced in thick rounds
Goat cheese
Chopped mint for garnish
Pomegranate Cumin Dressing
- 7 1/2 Tbs olive oil
- 4 1/2 Tbs balsamic vinegar (reciped called for white, I used regular)
- 3 Tbs mint leaves, sliced
- 1 1/2 Tbs pomegranate molasses (see note below)*
- 1 Tbs ground cumin
- 6 Tbs minced shallots
*If you can't find pomegranate molasses, get some ubiquitous pomegranate juice and reduce 1 cup about 15 minutes until you have about 3 Tbs left.
For Dressing:
Whisk first 5 ingredients together, mix in shallots, season with s&p.
Then, watch how easy this is...
Brush dressing on sausages, onions and plums (or figs if using) and grill. Toss salad greens with dressing and divide onto plates. Slice sausage and arrange sausage, onion slices, fruit, crumbled goat cheese and mint on top. Eat. Enjoy.

Apologies for the picture, I can't find my camera since the move so this beauty was taken with my phone. Also, thank you to our friend Phil for shaming us (or at least me), via Facebook, into getting back on this horse. I think his exact quote was "Whither WLtCaE?" I didn't think anyone was paying attention. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment