Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sausage Kebabs with Parsley Cilantro Pesto

CSA Sausages + Veggies + Wooden Sticks = Sausage Kebabs.

Sausage Kebabs + Parsley Cilantro Pesto = Delicious and Easy.

Here's what you need to serve 3:

Kebabs:
3 Sausages (we had italian sausages from the CSA, but I imagine chicken sausages would be just as good)
1 bell pepper (or parts of three different colored peppers like I did)
1/4 red onion
wooden skewers, soaked in water for 15 minutes if you intend to use them anywhere near fire

Cube up your veggies and cut sausages into 1 inch pieces. Build your kebabs alternating sausage and veg.

Pesto:
1/3 cup parsley
1/3 cup cilantro
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup (or so) extra virgin olive oil
zest of 1 lemon plus juice

In a food processor combine parsley, cilantro, garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice. Process until combine, then drizzle in the olive oil until it emulsifies.

I grilled the kebabs on my grill pan, 5 minutes a side. Then I brushed on the pesto and cooked an additional 5 minutes, flipped, brushed pesto on the other side and cooked until done. I served the remaining pesto on the side with a lovely salad.

Oh! Speaking of the salad - I halved and grilled a peach, sliced it up and threw it in the salad with a simple balsamic vinagrette. Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment